Monday 14 July 2014

A New Idea...

I haven't been posting lately. There isn't much of an excuse for me not to have bee either since I am on mid-year holidays at the moment. I have had a lot of time to be reading and reviewing books, yet I just haven't had the energy to. If I haven't been reading then I don't have anything to post on my blog. No books = no reviews. This is my dilemma. I have been thinking about this and a thought crossed my mind. Why do I only post reviews? I mean sure this is a book blog, but why does that mean that I should only write reviews? Why shouldn't I explore a little? There are a lot of blogs out there that host weekly posts or fortnightly postings such as Book Hauls and Waiting on Wednesdays. I would love to participate in such things, but I have always been worried that I would either miss the deadline or not have enough inspiration to write a whole post about the topic.

This post that I am writing is a promise. A promise to at least attempt such a posting. I think I'll keep it simple for now. One post on a Sunday about what I feel like writing about on that day. Maybe about the book that I am currently reading, a new movie coming out based on a book I've read or what books I have bought that week? We'll have to see! Fingers crossed that this all works out. If not, there isn't any harm to trying is there?

To kick start this idea of mine, I am going to start tonight by discussing what I plan on reading for the remainder of my holidays!

So what do I plan on reading?

Well, to start with I went to the library and managed to snag a couple of goodies. Including:-

Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand:

Clara Gardner knew that as a part angel she would one day have to fulfill her purpose, rescuing Christian from a forest fire...what she never considered was what might happen if she were to fail.

Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend Tucker, Clara must deal with the repercussions of what happened the day of the fire as the two boys vie for her heart. And, as she is drawn further into the world of angels and part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain after a shocking revelation, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning...



 I have been meaning to pick this up since I read Unearthly a couple of months ago. I enjoyed it a lot, surprisingly, and cannot wait to start this. Hopefully, it hasn't been too long since I finished the prequel and I haven't forgotten everything that has happened.

Cry Blue Murder by Kim Kane & Marion Roberts:

Will anyone hear you cry?

Celia and Alice share everything – their secrets, hopes and the increasing horror that a killer is on the loose and abducting schoolgirls just like them. Three bodies have been found, each shrouded in hand-woven fabric.

From within the depths of a police investigation, clues are starting to emerge. But as Alice and Celia discover the truth, danger is closer than anyone knows. Who can you trust at a time like this?



I have to say that the cover is what drew me into this. Look at it! Its simply gorgeous. Plus, my hardcover edition has uneven pages! I love that. The title is also deliciously creepy and then the added mysterious blurb makes me very eager to pick this up. Hopefully it won't disappoint!



The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2) by Pittacus Lore:

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another... but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia. Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya. They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed. I am Number Seven. One of six still alive. And I'm ready to fight.



I will admit that I am no longer that excited about The Power of Six. Why is that? I gave I Am Number Four a very high rating and a good review. Doesn't that mean I should be dying for it sequel? Well, I would be but unfortunately, this sequel isn't from John's POV, instead this book follows Number Seven's journey. I know it maybe seem silly to complain but I would really rather another John Smith book! I am hoping that this will be just as good though. Here's to hoping!

 
Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu:

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.



I was not a fan of either Legend or Prodigy, but I am hoping that the series will end with a bang!

Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti:

Lani and Erin are bonded for life. One thing that connects them is their fascination of fate. Lani wonders how much of our lives has already been decided and how much we can actually influence. Since the Unknown can unexpectedly change our lives forever, how much can we really control?

From the minute Lani meets Jason, she can't deny the intense connection they share. It feels like she's known him forever. She's not sure if he feels it, too. But it doesn't matter. Because Jason is Erin's boyfriend. Lani is determined to ignore her feelings for Jason, no matter how powerful they are, rather than risk hurting her best friend.

How long can Lani keep running from the boy who might be her destiny?



This has been on my TBR list for ages and ages and its been recommend to me dozen of times so I thought it was high time I gave it a go.

That's what I managed to pick up from the library anyway. I have lot of other books I plan to read too.

 Well, that's it? How was that for a first post? I hope it was okay. I am already brainstorming for what I can do next week...

Have any great ideas? Read one of the books above? Post an awesome post on your blog? Feel free to comment below and add links to your own posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment