Tuesday 14 October 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #8

This week topic is:-
Top Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit
 
This is a weekly event created by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers post a new "Top Ten" list for the particular week's topic. This week's list is in no particular order and I have decided to change it  all little. I am only going to be listing "real" places - as in countries or cities etc. that exist in our world today - instead of being either fictional or real.
 
1. The Infernal Devices series (Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Princes and Clockwork Princess)
 
These books are set in London in 1878 during the Victorian times. It is one of my all-time favourite settings and - even though the times were rather sexist and a wearing a corset would be horrid - I would give anything to have grown and lived there.
 

 2- 3. Anna and the French Kiss & Isla and the Happily Ever After (Stephanie Perkins)
Point Blanc (Anthony Horowitz)
and many more for France...
 
Stephanie Perkin's two books are set in Paris and it has made me anxious to visit France. I love their language and have always wanted to learn but these books reminded me of how much I adore their culture. Definitely made me want to visit Paris and the rest of France.

Point Blanc is also set in France (for part of it) and the mountain scenes in that sounded beautiful. I would love to travel there!
 

4- 5. Skulduggery Pleasant series and the Holder series
 
Both of these series are set in Ireland and I loved reading about somewhere new. There aren't a lot of books set there and its such a pretty country with a rich history - I think its a bit underrated but definitely a country I plan on visiting.
 


 
 6. Venom (Fiona Paul)
 
This is set in olden time Venice in Italy and the setting is simply gorgeous. The canals and rivers and bridges and old buildings and everything sounds beautiful. I have a friend who is actually vacationing in Italy at the moment too and she agreed. Again, definitely only be travel bucket list.
 
7. Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)

I talk about this book in practically every post don't I? It sure feels like it anyway. Regardless, the setting in this is once again very inspiring. I don't know if Japan is still similar to this as it is actually historical fiction but I would still love to visit.
 
  
8. Unearthly (Cynthia Hand)
 
I know this may seem like a weird one but I clearly remember Clara (the protagonist) and how she learnt to ski in this. I am a huge winter lover and have wanted nothing more than to travel to the snow - we don't get snow where I live as it never gets cold enough. This book always reminds me of snow...
 
9. The Fault in our Stars (John Green)
 
I don't want to spoil this for future readers but Hazel and Augustus travel to a city I would really love to visit.
 
 
10. This place isn't thanks to a particular book because about 80% of books are set there:- America! How can I not travel to the United States!?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I definitely want to go to Paris and Amsterdam now, thanks to TFiOS and Anna. XD Great choices!

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! I am so eager to go to France (Paris too obviously) that it isn't funny! :)

      Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

      Delete