Wednesday 22 July 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: I Have High Hopes For This One

Waiting on Wednesday

This is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine.

I only stumbled onto this book a couple of days ago. Somehow I was looking something up and I clicked on this cover and voila! There was this book's page before me and as soon as I saw it I knew that I had to read it. 

22701879Not If I See You First
by Eric Lindstrom

Parker Grant doesn't need 20/20 vision to see right through you. That's why she created the Rules: Don't treat her any differently just because she's blind, and never take advantage of her. There will be no second chances. Just ask Scott Kilpatrick, the boy who broke her heart. 

When Scott suddenly reappears in her life after being gone for years, Parker knows there's only one to react - shun him so hard it hurts. She has enough on her mind at the moment already, like trying out for the track team (that's right, her eyes don't work but her legs still do), doling out tough-love advice to her painfully naive classmates, and giving herself a gold stars for everyday she hasn't cried sine her dad's death three months ago. 

But avoiding her past quickly proves impossible, and the more Parker learns about what really happened -- both with Scott, and her dad -- the more she starts to questions if things are always as they seem. Maybe, just maybe, some Rules are meant to be broken. 

Goodreads | Purchuse (pre-order)

Release date: December 1st, 2015
Publisher: Poppy

I was only talking about this last week with Inge's, Shannon's and Kayla's announcement of their upcoming (new) event Shattering Stigmas - we need some books (preferably YA) with disabled protagonist that are actually written honestly and well.  

**************************************************************************

What's your most anticipated book at the moment? Have you read this before - any of you lucky peeps have an ARC copy? Or have you read something similar to this? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man, this sounds so amazing already. I just love the cover, too! And that premise! And that disabled heroine! We need more diversity in YA and I'm glad that this year has been the year where there are more of them coming out. Hopefully with first-hand accounts of what it is like to live like them, the world will be a better place because there would be more compassion and understanding!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? Couldn't have said it better myself. A spunky, blind protagonist - can I get me some hallelujahs please? This is EXACTLY what we need. :)

      Delete