Sunday 9 August 2015

Sunday Overview: Somewhat Successful Week

Sunday Overview: 

This week hasn't be that great, honestly. School is a drag, but what's new on that front? And the amount of school work I have has dramatically impacted my reading time. I went three entire days without reading this week - three entire days! *wails* 

Luckily, the few books I managed to read weren't so bad, in fact I enjoyed most of them! And, to top it off, I treated myself at Savers yesterday. Oh, that's a second-hand op-shop superstore, in case you don't have Savers where you're from. Plus all their profits go to diabetes research. Cheap books + helping people in need = a win-win really. This all means... *drum roll*... I will probably have my first ever book haul post soon. 


Oh, and this was also the first week of ARC August as well. Since three of the books I read this week were ARCs - though one was a reread - I think I can count this as a successful start. That's two ARCs I can cross of the list now. 

**************************************************************************
Anyway, 

This Week's Read:

2146163225613362Suspicion21855596


My favourite read this week was definitely Suspicion. I think that everyone's dislike towards this book made me underestimate it. Yeah, it was a little cliched and the ending wasn't as fantastic as it should have been, but I found it entertaining and it kept me second-guessing. 

~ Thanks Hodder's Children's Books Australia, Witness Impulse and Missy Johnson ~

**************************************************************************
Currently Reading: 

206466832428076724799229


~ Thanks Tracy Banghart, Cameron Jace & Hodder's Children's Books Australia ~

**************************************************************************

Blog Shenagins

This week I wrapped up July's fabulous reading month, talked about my favoruite retellings for Top Ten Tuesday... but on Wednesday, and reviewed the books I read this week.  


**************************************************************************

What did you end up reading this week? Anything exciting? Oh, an dhow is your ARC August TBRs looking? I hope you managed to knock a few books off the list. 

Let me know in the comments below!

20 comments:

  1. Keen to hear your thoughts on Circus Insanity! That has caught my eye before but I haven't heard much about it. Wow, you did really well this week Rachel with your ARCs! I read 1 ARC last week, go me. And yay for cheap books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I like it. I've had mixed feelings about the prequels. Cameron Jace is a little Indie author so his books are massive at the moment - probably why it doesn't have much buzz. But agreed, the covers are AMAZING! You should see the fourth one!

      Thanks Jeann! That's one ARC you can cross off the list though so yay for progress! And cheap books are always a bonus. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like ARC August is going well for you, Rachel! It's such an awesome accomplishment of yours to successfully read 4 titles this week. I could never do that. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia Anne! I've gotten into such a slump since last week so that record has certainly slipped!

      Delete
  3. Secondhand books are totally one of the most awesome things known to humankind. AHHH I LOVE GOOD BOOK DEALS! And so epic that you had a good run of books this week! :D I've had two 5-star reads already this month and afjdklsa that just makes me monstrously happy. GOOD reads are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! They are my favoruite thing ever to buy. It just such a win-win situation. Your money goes to charity. You get awesome books... for super cheap! What could possibly be better? Yay for you! I love it when you get a string of fantabulous books. Hopefully it keeps up!

      Delete
  4. Glad to know this week was a good one, and I hope that ARC August continues to go well for you! And I love the sound of Savers as well. It's wonderful when you are contributing to a good cause and still reaping some benefits yourself as well :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia-Savannah. Unfortunately I don't think I kept my streak up... oops!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I'm excited to see that book haul! I love second-hand books - sadly the charity shops near me are usually stuffed with second-hand clothes and CDs and games and EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T A BOOK. Urgh. But yes... show me the books please!!!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I cannot imagine not having a great op shop around with books! I live for the op shops! :)

      Delete
  6. Ohhh my you're favorite book was Suspicion. I heard so much about that book when it came out and I def have to pick it up now that you've said it's awesome! I guess I was just a little suspicious about Suspicion (see what I just did there ;)?) Haha but anyways wow you've had a great reading time so far!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I see what you did! ;) Suspicion wasn't the best book I've ever read but it did keep my engaged and was short and fun. Not for everyone, I know that most critical readers won't enjoy it, but for some light it was good. :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the review and I love the Harry Potter pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've been doing well with ARC August and reading in general! I can't wait to read your thoughts on Deep Blue.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started well, and then well, kind of flopped! But Deep Blue was much better the second time around and I am excited for the sequels!

      Delete
  9. oooh I know you were brave and actually read Suspicion on GR in the group! I chickened out and wah. Did you like it? I forget, were you telling me you had read Rebecca or hadn't? I am curious about if people who read Rebecca liked the story at all because It seems like it's a pretty divided book :) I've been so bad about blogging lately due to starting the new job and new school but I see you have been busy too! Have u done any tags lately? I am going to tweet you. lol. that's probably better.

    I hope you had a great August Rachel! What are you reading now? I am reading Ash & Bramble I just started it's so dark I like it so far though : )

    Diamond @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rogue Wave has a really beautiful cover. I hope you find it as good as it looks! Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post dear! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEEEeee, can't wait to see what you think of TORN SKY! :)) I have it on my kindle atm, and I'm excited and scared to read it!

    ReplyDelete